Monday, January 07, 2008

MONDAY - January 7, 2008

GEORGE SWICK

.

Longtime ICS member and our 2001 World's Champion, George Swick, passed away Friday morning, January 4th. George suffered complications from pneumonia. Wife Maud, our 1999 World's Champion, and their family were at his side.

Services will be held this coming:

Friday at 10:00am,

Greenlawn Southwest Mortuary and Cemetery,

2739 Panama Lane,

Bakersfield, CA 93313.

.

Condolences can be sent to:

Maud Swick,

1201 McKee Road,

Bakersfield, CA 93307

.

.

Carol Hancock
Chief Executive Officer
International Chili Society

.

.

.

.

Bill "Gumby" Donovan

Dear Fellow Chiliheads,
One of Bill's favorite sayings....
"Life is like a box of chocolates.... you never know what you are going to get..."
What a shock...
Just the other day the news was good and now as of yesterday we have some bad.
Although Bill's bone marrow biopsy came back clean after the inital blast of chemo unfortunately the more sensitive chromosone test did not. It was a shock even to his doctors and the medical staff. It seems as though the cancer has a tighter grip on Bill than we thought. Another bone marrow biopsy was done this morning. We won't know for sure until late next week what the outcome for future treatments will be. Looks like our stay here in the hospital will be extended for at least 30 more days. More heavy doses of chemo and hopefully another chance for Bill to survive. Yesterday was worse than the day we were diagnosed. Our spirits are quite low.

Please, please pray for us.
Gail & Bill "Gumby" Donovan

.

.

.

.

Elaine Lloyd

I want to let everyone know that I am doing a bit better than around Christmas time. The MedTronic device that was implanted on 12-31-07 is like a 24 hour epidural and pumps in pain medication at 3 hour intervals. While it has lessened my pain quite a bit, I still don't feel anywhere near 100%. Each day is taken one at a time...and my family is very supportive and helpful.
.
Please accept my thanks and appreciation for all your good thoughts and prayers on my behalf. I know, the fact that I am still on this earth, is attributed to your strong faith and prayers. I cannot answer or keep up with emails like I did in the past so please understand when you send me multiple emails everyday. My mind is not that clear and I forget things quite often but I do appreciate phone calls from good friends every once in awhile.
.
My daughter, Lisa, has set up her own Web page AND included a Blog that has updates on my health. Please access it every once in awhile to see how I am doing if you don't want to bother me by phone or a visit.

http://web.mac.com/lisa.andria/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html
.
Please know that I love and appreciate all my friends and want to apologize for not being so able to keep up with all of you. This experience in my life is very frustrating, along with being very sad. But, I am so happy to have so many special people in my life. Thanks for that...

Love, Elaine Lloyd

.

.

.

.

============================

If you have articles for posting to Dicks Chili World BLOG, they can be emailed to GWTWChili@aol.com

============================

Tell your other Chilihead Friends about the BLOG and how it works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home