Monday, November 02, 2009

MONDAY - Nov. 2, 2009

WINGS AND WHEELS COOK OFF, LANCASTER

.

OK, so it was a little chilly in the morning when we we got there,.I told Barry it's only * 37 , so it is not freezing!! Hey, I was in shorts! He completely disagreed with my asessment.

I must admit, it was chilly.

The judging area was in a private hanger and it provided us with some warmth.

I found out where the judging area would be and went out to see what else was needed to be there, No one could believe I was in shorts; I just said if my toes are are warm, so am I.

.

I hve been in this society for a long time but I have never seen a 1st time cookoff come togther in less then 4 months. WOW!!! This was put together in 6 WEEKS !!!!!! The thanks go to the Rotary club and all their hard work. Eerything for the judges are was there and we were asked what else we needd,

.

The Winners

.

People' s Choicre
.
Don Hart Hart's Printing

.

SALSA:

3rd Hon Mention Armando Sanchez

2nd Charlie Ward

1st Steve Crawford

.

Verde

3rd Karen Ray

2nd Jim Beaty

1st Charlie Ward

.

RED

.

Tied for 5th (didn't break tie)

MaryLaros Barry Seinberg

4th John Jepson

3rd Armando Sanchez

2nd Charlie Ward

1st RON BURT !!!!!

.

I really want to thank everyone who made this a total sucess. I don't have all the names who made today enjoyable for cooks, but I do have 2 people to give a shout out to:

Melanie Karnavas who got her first lesson in scorekeeping what a great job she did. and Ms Tootie Gray for making this all happen!!! YOU ROCK!!!

.

I will be there next year, and I hope all of you put this on your coooffs to do list!!!!

.

Thanks to all who came out to make this a sucess.

.

MaryEllen

.

.

.

Beatty Days Regional Results

.

Well, once again Beatty Days has come and gone and a good time was had by all. The weather co-operated this year, although it was pretty chilly in the morning and breezy, it did warm up into the low 70's by afternoon. We want to thank everyone who came out to help us with the judging and it was great seeing Leah and Fred at a chili cookoff again. Thanks to Leah, I had help with the scorekeeping, (in fact it felt like old times when we always worked together). Donnie couldn't make it this year, her Son had a bad accident and she had to stay home. The pot luck at the Summer's place was outstanding as usual, and the Texas Holdem Tournament was won by Phil Morosky.

Now for the winners:

SALSA 10 contestants

3rd Pl. Larry Weltikol and Lenn Deevers were tied

2nd Pl. Skip Cooley

1st Pl. Ray Bogart

CHILI VERDE 14 contestants

3rd Pl. Mark Haught

2nd Pl. Skip Cooley

1st Pl. Dione Cooley

RED CHILI 18 contestants

3rd Pl. Skip Cooley

2nd Pl. Jim LaTendresse

1st Pl. Ray Bogart

.

A special thank you to Jim & Willma Maehl and Phil Morosky for their help in the judging area during the cookoff.

.

Thanks

Norm & Bobbie

.

.

.

============================

If you have articles for posting to Dicks Chili World BLOG, they can be emailed to GWTWChili@gmail.com

============================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home