Thursday, August 28, 2008

THURSDAY Aug 28, 2008

CARDS for HEIDE HOOVER

Heidi had some more surgery this morning to hopefully relieve some pain in her spine caused by advancing cancer. There is no cure for her disease or any way to stop the rapid progression so we are turning to Hospice to make sure she is comfortable.

A card with some humor would be deeply appreciated.

.

Thanks,

Tom Hoover

614-565-7251

1173 Neil Avenue

Columbus, OH 43201

.

.

.

ICS WCCC 2008

A MESSAGE FROM THE CHIEF WRANGLER

.

Hello Chili World.

.

First let me say a great big THANK YOU to Carol Hancock for all the work and sweat I know she (and Dave) have put into the 2008 WCCC. Second, and just as important, CONGRATULATIONS to all the cooks who have qualified to compete.

.

I am honored to have been asked to set the tables for another year, and am really looking forward to the venue. Since we're going to a new spot, I'm really going to need a lot of help, and I know I can count on the Chilihead Familee.

.

Please feel free to email me ahead of time if you would like to contribute any time, so I can have some idea and coordinate names to events.

.

Thanks ahead of time for all your support.

.

Steve Porter

Chief Wrangler

Port.chili@att.net

.

.

.

Golf Tournament Information

By Paul Whitney

.

This years Golf Tournament will be held at the Primm Valley Golf Club on the Desert Course. This extremely nice golf club is in Primm, NV, right on the California-Nevada State Line. Because of a connection we have through Mike Rook, we have a smoking deal rate of $75.00 to play here. This is a 4 and a half star course!

With the airlines nailing you for everything you take with you, think about renting clubs for $50.00, they will be high quality ones. First tee time is at 12:10 pm on the 9th. We have 3 people committed at this time. Please let me know ASAP if you'll be joining us this year, in case we need to make additional tee times. I can be reached at GolfNChili@aol.com or on my cell, 928-853-1161. See you on the course!

.

.

.

E-mail change from ChiliRockCafe@aol.com

to ChiliRocksChili@aol.com

First notice had the wrong new E-mail address, but due to a letter from the attorneys for the Hard Rock Cafe, I needed to change my E-mail, Trademark, and LLC to Chili Rocks, so my E-mail address will be ChiliRocksChili@aol.com. Hard to believe such a large worldwide company considered me a threat, but also kind of flattering, I guess.
.
Hope all is well for all of you, and looking forward to many more chili cookoffs in the future.
.
E-ya later,
.
George Phelps
Chili
Rocks!

.

.

.

============================

If you have articles for posting to Dicks Chili World BLOG, they can be emailed to GWTWChili@aol.com

============================

.

Tell your other Chilihead Friends about the BLOG and how it works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home